Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sister-Sister, Own Style Own Time

 Sister (Jessica Rubin) and Friend
Jessica is wearing black distressed skinny jeans, brown leather jacket, black pashmina scarf (100% cashmere), white cotton v-neck t-shirt, a grey hooded cotton sweatshirt, black and gold Ray-Ban aviators, and of course in hand her Blackberry phone. This picture takes place in Ithaca, NY at Cornell University for the annual concert on campus.  Besides the obvious give-away with the red solo cup, her outfit is not only for comfort and the relaxed college environment and adventures she will be doing that day, but it is also a very reasonable choice for the somber weather in Ithaca. Knowing my sister, I can say without a doubt she is trying to accomplish the whole “look-at-me-I’m-so-put-together-and-I-just-threw-this-together” look, and personally I think she did a good job. Don’t mean to toot my own horn but as much as I love her, I know that she got this outfit from either me, or my other sister Emily….so I guess TOOT TOOT. I know her whole “look-at-me-I’m-so-put-together-and-I-just-threw-this-together” look, WASN’T just thrown together. MY OH MY, as well as she shot this one out of the park; she most likely also put this outfit together the previous night. I know this for a fact because the last time I visited my sister in NYC, she planned her outfit the night before, along with pulling it out and laying it on the dresser INCLUDING her knickers as well as lining out her pills, with a glass next to them for easy access in the morning. So no matter what she does, she always looks “put-together” because she ALWAYS is!  It’s kinda hard not to be “put-together” when your nightly routine includes: dinner, washing dishes, showering, picking out tomorrow’s outfit, brushing your teeth, and going to bed. Jessica is a very good example of a person who always looks appropriate for her daily and nightly activities. Whether her outfit if for an ordinary day at work, lunch-in at a country club, or dinner for a friends birthday, she deserves a GOLD STAR for proper dress for any occasion.
Heather Rubin 


No comments:

Post a Comment